Royal Canadian Air Cadets 395 Edmonton "Griffon" Squadron
now accepting new recruits for the 2014-2015 Training Year starting in
Please visit our recruiting page for more information on joining.
395 Air Cadet Squadron
Last updated: 16 April, 2014
Twitter: Follow @395AirCadets
Remind101: To receive text message reminders directly to your mobile phone, text @395ca to (204) 809-8799. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @395ca'. Standard text message rates apply.
Announcement Email List: To receive announcements directly by email, send an email to email@example.com and request to be added to the mailing list.
Level 1 Tours - Alberta Aviation Museum & Alberta Legislature
2013 LSTF Zone Sports Competition
Power Familiarization Flying
APRIL 15, 2014 WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS
· Level 1 & Level 2 cadets, next Tuesday, April 22 is Sports night. Wear your PT gear, running shoes & make sure you bring a water bottle. DO NOT WEAR OR BRING YOUR UNIFORM.
· SPRING BUSH CAMP May 2 4 at Camp Maskepetoon. Sign-up sheets at were out this Tuesday and will be again next week. Sign up according to your level. Kit list and further information will come out next week.
· POWER FAM FLYING April 19 & 20. The list of who is signed up is attached. If you signed up and are no longer able to attend, email the squadron immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so the spot can be filled by another cadet. Cadets that signed up please make sure you are on time for when you need to be at the Villeneuve Airport. Also make sure you give your parents the info sheet you received. Parents please make sure you only drop off your cadet for their scheduled time as fly time is only 1.5 hours. Please also make sure to pick them up at the scheduled end time as there is no additional supervision other than the pilot who will need to leave on the next flight. Cadets please make sure you are dressed in warm civilian clothing. If fam flying is cancelled due to weather, the squadron voicemail will be updated by 0830hrs on the day of flying. If the message is normal, flying is ON.
· SURVIVAIR: Training will be ongoing with a competition on May 23 & 24. Sign up at the table at the front of the parade square.
· Birchall & Dale Scholarships: This is a great opportunity for those cadets that that will be entering into post-secondary classes in the fall. Information can be found here. All documentation is due to Maj. McLellan by April 22.
· Promotions Exams: Sgt & FSgt examination next week (April 22). Any FCpl or Sgt who was promoted to their current rank prior to January 31, 2014 are eligible to write. The exam will start at 1800hrs. The written exam is only one of the components evaluation for promotions but those that dont write it will not be promoted.
· Level 5 cadets attending the Level 5 workshop must ensure they bring their handbooks with them for the weekend. Level 5 cadets make sure you saw CI Duncan for the joining instructions next week.
· Level 4 cadets remember the 30 minute drill mutual are due April 29th. No exceptions. A completed drill mutual is required to pass your level.
will be NO band practice on Monday, April 21 due to Easter
· ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: May 13. ALL PARENTS ASKED TO ATTEND. Please see attached.
· Bingo May 17th still need parent & cadet volunteers for this bingo Cadets must be 14 years or older to help volunteer. Email email@example.com to sign up or see Yvonne at the canteen on Tuesday nights.
· Casino volunteers are still required for day shifts for August 15 & 16. This casino helps pay for our Big Spring Break trips. No volunteers, no casino, NO TRIPS in Future. Need to sign up before May 13. See Darryl Beebe at the Parents table Tuesday nights or sign up by emailing the parents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Sausage/Beef Jerky order forms are now available. Pick up your form at the Parents' table. Orders must be returned by April 29th.
· Spirit Wear order forms are now available. Pick up your form at the Parents' Table. Deadline to have the form & money in by Tuesday April 29.
· Banquet tickets are now on available. Parents tickets are $40 per person and can be purchased at the Parents' Table. Cadets can pick up their tickets starting next Tuesday night @ the office for $5.00 (deposit which will be returned to them at the banquet)
MAJOR MCLELLAN 'S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
· As you heard this evening, we have a lot of fundraising going on right now. Please, parents & cadets, head over to the parents' table and see what there is and help out if you can by supporting our squadron. All the money raised helps with our activities that go on every week and our major event which will be the banquet in June.
· The drive for recruiting cadets for September has begun. Cadets are encouraged to tell their friends about cadets and invite them to come for an evening to see what its all about. If they are interested in joining, the paperwork can be completed now for the fall and can be found here.
· The cadets that were on the Spring Break trip, please go through your pictures from our trip and find the best 50 ones to hand in. Only have a few pictures & would like more to place on a disc for the whole squadron to look at. Please hand in your pictures to the office.
· Well done and congratulations to the following level 4 cadets who were prepared and did very well in their level 4 instructional class: Sgt. He, Sgt. Tam, FCpl. Lam and FCpl. Mullins.
· Would like to congratulate the following LAC on their promotions: LAC Shenher,, LAC Palavecino Frez, A & LAC Guibord.
· 2LT De Monte has been posted to Montreal with her civilian job. We would like to thank her for all the work she has done for the squadron this year. She has been a great contribution to our continued success. She has earned the right to be part of the Ancient and Loyal Order of Griffon and we are proud to present her with a coin. Best of luck with all your future endeavours, 2Lt. De Monte!
This site is maintained by the 395 Parents Association. It is not intended to represent in any way the opinions of the Department of National Defence or the Air Cadet League of Canada and has not been authorized by them. ©2005 - 2014 395 RCACS