Royal Canadian Air Cadets 395 Edmonton "Griffon" Squadron
We are accepting new recruits. Please visit our recruiting page for more information on joining.
From Air Cadet to Astronaut
Last updated: 08 December, 2013
395 Air Cadet Squadron
Announcement Email List: To receive announcements directly by email, send an email to email@example.com and request to be added to the mailing list.
Twitter: Follow @395AirCadets
Remind101: To receive text message reminders directly to your mobile phone, text @395ca to (204) 809-8799. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @395ca'. Standard text message rates apply.
Level 1 Tours - Alberta Aviation Museum & Alberta Legislature
2013 LSTF Zone Sports Competition
Power Familiarization Flying
395 Cadets take part in the Stage 2 (Zone) Biathlon
Competition on Nov. 2, 2013
All further fam flying for Sunday, Dec. 8 is cancelled due to a maintenance issue just encountered with the plane. Sorry for the inconvenience.
December 3rd, 2013 – WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS
· KARATE: Saturday, Dec. 7th – 10:00am-12:00pm at the Beverly Alliance Church. GI or PT Gear. Bring lunch if staying for Drill and/or Sports. New recruits welcome!
· DRILL: Saturday, Dec. 7th – 12:30 - 2:00pm at the Beverly Alliance Church. Civilian clothing along with boots. New recruits welcome!
· VOLLEYBALL: Saturday, Dec. 7th – 2:00-3:00pm the Beverly Alliance Church. Civilian clothing. New recruits welcome!
· BASKETBALL: Saturday, Dec. 7th – 3:00-4:00pm the Beverly Alliance Church. Civilian clothing. New recruits welcome!
· GROUND SCHOOL: Saturday, Dec. 7th – 12:00 – 4:00pm at the Beverly Alliance Church. Civilian clothing. Bring something to write with and on. This is for level 3 and up who are interested in applying for the Glider or Power scholarships in the summer of 2014.
All events this Saturday will be held at the Beverly Alliance Church located at (12235-50 Street). Entrance is located at back of church with parking on both sides and @ back of church with overflow parking available on north side of 122 Ave. Be sure to bring lunch if you are participating in both morning and afternoon activities. CADETS CANNOT LEAVE TO GO BUY LUNCH ON THEIR OWN! Staff must supervise cadets at training activities and if cadets leave, we cannot effectively do this and ensure the safety of cadets. If a parent wants to make arrangements to allow their cadet to leave and be unsupervised during the lunch break, they must provide this authorization in writing to the CO and the cadet shall check in and out with the supervising staff.
· BIATHLON: Cancelled for this weekend.
· POWER FAM FLYING: Saturday Dec. 7th & Sunday, Dec 8th. STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org if interesting in flying this weekend. Cadets that signed up please make sure you are on time for when you need to be at the Villeneuve Airport. Also make sure you give your parents the info sheet you received. Parents please make sure you only drop off your cadet for their scheduled time as fly time is only 1.5 hours. Please also make sure to pick them up at the scheduled end time as there is no additional supervision other than the pilot who will need to leave on the next flight. Cadets please make sure you are dress in warm civilian clothing. If fam flying is cancelled due to weather, the squadron voicemail will be updated by 0830hrs on the day of flying. If the message is normal, flying is ON.
· Applications for the Spring Break trip to San Diego are due next Tuesday night. Please bring your applications to the Office.
· Any cadet that ordered a new name tag, please pick up from Supply following the parade tonight or next week.
· Volunteers & cadets (must be 14 years or older) are still needed for the Jan 4th bingo. Signup sheets are available at the back on the parent table or email email@example.com.
· Cookie dough, sausage rings & jerky orders will be ready to pick up on Tues, Dec. 10th. Cadets & or parents please pick up your orders this night as we have No Place to Store the orders.
· No Parent Meeting this month.
MAJOR MCLELLAN 'S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
· Spring Break trip applications are due next Tuesday night. If any cadet is wishing to do a written narrative, speech or a power point presentation, please let the office know this week, so the office can set a time to listen to the presentations next Tuesday evening.
· Christmas Ball is Dec. 14th. The invitations have been sent out to the various other squadrons in and surrounding the city. If you have friends in other squadrons that are interested in attending the Christmas Ball, have them mention it to their squadron for permission to attend the ball.
· Thank you to all the cadets and parents that attended the meeting at the beginning of the night regarding cadet activities and fundraising. Unfortunately, the weather was challenging so there were likely other families that could not attend. For those that were unable to attend, the presentation is here.
· A very Special “Thank You” to Major (ret’d) Andrus for coming out and presenting to our cadets the history of 395. The slide presentation will be coming soon for others to view and reference.
· Congratulations on promotion to WOII: WOII Tang.
· Congratulations to WOII Webb on his retirement from cadets. WOII Webb was recognized by Maj. McLellan for an excellent cadet career. Mr. Norton presented a plaque from the Parent’s Association & Mrs. Butkowski presented an Alumni Pin and Letter from the 395 Alumni Foundation. We wish WOII Webb all the best in his future endeavors.
This site is maintained by the 395 Parents Association. It is not intended to represent in any way the opinions of the Department of National Defence or the Air Cadet League of Canada and has not been authorized by them. ©2005 - 2013 395 RCACS