Air Cadet Squadron
395 Squadron - Royal Canadian Air Cadets
Last updated: 27 January, 2016
Remind101: To receive text message reminders directly to your mobile phone, text @395ca to (204) 809-8799. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @395ca'. Standard text message rates apply.
Announcement Email List: To receive announcements directly by email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to the mailing list.
Power Familiarization Flying
Tours - Alberta Aviation Museum & Alberta Legislature
26 January 2016
1. WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
2. FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
3. TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
4. TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ABOVE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
1. Only Optional Training activity this week is Band. Details as per the Google Calendar. Please note that new cadets are welcome at all activities! You don’t have to have participated yet.
Effective Speaking – Be sure to have your
narratives ready for Saturday Feb. 6.
Duty Flight – be sure to work as a team to
clean up the building at the end of the night. Last week, not all
required cleaning tasks were completed and the CO and DCO were left
to finish things off.
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association:
1. Bingo Saturday Feb 6. We are in need of cadets (14 years old or older). The same few cadets are attending monthly and it would be good to get some different cadets participating. For parents who signed up, please be prepared to work your shift. Bingo is a very important part of our fundraising which supports the activities of the Squadron. If you need to contact someone regarding Bingo, contact us at email@example.com.
From Major McLellan:
1. Thank you once again to the cadets, parents and staff who assisted with the Bottle Drive a couple of weeks ago. Collectively we raised approximately $3200 for squadron activities! Well done to all!
Great to see so many cadets at Aviation
Training Day this past Sunday! 79 Cadets got to take part in
various aviation themed learning activities at the Alberta Aviation
Museum. A truly unique experience!
Congratulations to Sgt. Hollik and FCpl.
Ostryzgalo who participated and represented the squadron well at the
Provincial Biathlon Competition this past weekend! Official results
are still to come but my understanding is that they did very well!
4. With the Griffon Coin Parade coming up in March, all cadets need to review how to maintain their uniforms. Please look on the squadron website for information about how to wear and look after your uniform. There’s even a YouTube video!
Thank you to Maj. (Ret’d) John Breen, Maj.
(Ret’d) Don Ste-Croix, Mr. Trevor Norton, Mr. Nick Nimchuk, 2Lt.
Dylan Podkowka, Mr. Henry Gore, Mr. Robin Tang, Mr. Wayne Reitsma
and Mr. Alain Gervais for their assistance with mock boards
tonight. The cadets have benefitted from your guidance!
6. Just before Christmas, WOI (Ret’d) Sanchez initiated a process to get a new motto for the squadron. We received dozens of submissions from cadets in the squadron. After a lot of thought, the decision has been made that the new squadron motto is:
Succeed as One (Succedunt Unum)
Moreover, whenever you hear the Squadron CO say “395 Squadron” during announcements or parades (except while calling drill commands), all cadets are to immediately reply with “Succeed as One”. We will be practicing this over the next few weeks, so be ready and listen carefully!
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
Photos from recent events and Activities
See more in the Photo Gallery
This site is maintained by the 395 Parents Association. It is not intended to represent in any way the opinions of the Department of National Defence or the Air Cadet League of Canada and has not been authorized by them. ©2005 - 2015.