Air Cadet Squadron
395 Squadron - Royal Canadian Air Cadets
Last updated: 22 November, 2015
Remind101: To receive text message reminders directly to your mobile phone, text @395ca to (204) 809-8799. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @395ca'. Standard text message rates apply.
Announcement Email List: To receive announcements directly by email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to the mailing list.
Power Familiarization Flying
Tours - Alberta Aviation Museum & Alberta Legislature
17 November 2015
1. WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
2. FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
3. TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
4. TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ABOVE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
1. Lots of optional training again this week! Ground School, Karate, Volleyball, Basketball and band training this week are as per the details in the Google Calendar. Please note that new cadets are welcome at all activities! You don’t have to have participated yet.
2. Annual Validation Forms
· All returning cadets (not new recruits this fall) must pick up and complete the annual validation form.
· Any returning cadets who have not completed the annual validation will be turned away from participating in cadet activities until it is completed. Email email@example.com if you are unsure of your status.
· This is a simple form that will only take a few minutes to complete
· See the Administration Office to get your form.
Sports Training Day
Date: Sunday, 22 November 2015
· 0955hrs - Drop off
· 1555hrs - Pick up
· Appropriate civilian athletic clothing and footwear
Rations: Lunch provided
· Basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments will be conducted. Should be lots of fun!
· See the Google Calendar on the website for more information.
4. Power Familiarization Flying
· Last two dates before Christmas break are Nov. 29 and Dec. 6. Be sure to sign up to go flying!
5. Vires Ex (Senior Leadership and Survival Training)
· 11-13 December 2015
· Cold Lake Cadet Training Centre
· Only for level 5’s and up.
· Please inform Capt. Wise ASAP of your availability.
6. Cadet Dance – Saturday 19 December 2015
· 1900hrs – 2200hrs
· Save the date and talk to other cadets from other units. Tri-service dance for all cadets in the Edmonton area.
· Proceeds will go to the Youth Empowerment & Support Services.
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association:
· Thank you to all who have been supporting Bingo this year. We've had an excellent year with participation!!
· As a reminder - we do need workers for the January 3 Bingo.
· Spiritwear Orders should be arriving soon - we are in our 6 - 8 window which the company gives us a delivery timeframe. We don't have a date other than before Christmas.
· Epicure CheeseDip packages are still available in the PA office for $200 - a great, easy Christmas gift or for use with Christmas entertaining (or potlucks).
From Major McLellan:
1. New recruits, thank you for your patience in the issuing of uniforms. We will try to issue uniforms to cadets in the order that you have joined, pending the availability of different sizes. As well, be sure to look on the squadron website for information about how to wear and look after your uniform. There’s even a YouTube video!
2. Well done to all cadets who participated in our various Remembrance Day activities last week. The cadets performed extremely well and did a great service by honouring our veterans and remembering those that have been lost. Special recognition to the cadets who were vigils or flag party outside in the cold in Beverly: FSgt. Hollik, Sgt. Hollik, Sgt. Daoud and Sgt. Desgagne. Well done to WOI Sanchez for her excellent reading of “In Flanders Fields” as well.
3. A friendly reminder to cadets and families to make sure that you arrange a ride home at the correct end time of cadet activities. Supervising staff cannot leave until all cadets are picked up and they have other things to get to. Please plan ahead and be on time.
4. When dropping off or picking up cadets at HMCS NONSUCH, please do not stop vehicles in the road that comes into the parking lot. This will create congestion. Please drive fully into the parking lot and drop off there. We have a lot of vehicles coming in and out and we all need to do our part to ensure everything moves smoothly.
5. Congratulations to WOII Nasr for an excellent cadet career! We wish you all the best in your future endeavours and hope to have you visit again soon.
All cadets, especially new recruits, are
strongly encouraged to try out some of the Optional Training this
Saturday. This is likely where you will find the activity that will
really make you want to be in cadets. Check it out!
Details in the
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
Photos from recent events and Activities
See more in the Photo Gallery
This site is maintained by the 395 Parents Association. It is not intended to represent in any way the opinions of the Department of National Defence or the Air Cadet League of Canada and has not been authorized by them. ©2005 - 2015.